DEXA is one of the most accurate technologies available in the world to perform a body composition scan and provides you with a large volume of information regarding your individual body composition. A DEXA assesses total body bone mineral density and highly accurate measures of the body’s soft tissue composition (muscle mass and fat mass).
Why use DEXA?
Total body weight =
Fat mass + Fat free mass*
*muscles, water, bones & blood
How can you tell the difference between the different components when looking at the scale?
Just stepping on the scales will not provide you with the differentiation between your fat mass and fat free mass.
If your goal is to lose weight (lose fat mass), increase muscle (lean mass) or both, then it is extremely important that you are aware if you are reaching your goals and accurately benchmark and track changes in your muscle and fat tissue. By measuring your body’s muscle mass, fat mass, and bone mineral density, you can determine your total body fat percentage, and changes in regional body composition and show you clearly what is really going on inside your body.
As part of your DEXA Scan you receive the following information:
· Muscle mass in each region of your body (kg)
· Fat mass in each region of your body (kg)
· Body fat percentage in each region of your body
· Estimation of Visceral Adipose (fat) tissue
· Bone mineral density
· Estimation of Resting metabolic rate (RMR)
· Individual Scan Summary Report that contains macronutrient recommendations, ideal weight recommendations, ideal fat loss recommendations, to help you achieve your health and weight loss goals and improved total body health.
Health & Fitness’ is a destination, it’s a way of life. Your body hears everything your mind says. Join our health and fitness transformation today!