When it comes to combating stress levels, what you eat may actually help relieve your tension. Indeed, some foods may help stabilize blood sugar or, better yet, your emotional response. The following foods are great for reducing inflammation and help manage cortisol levels in the blood.
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Green beans
- Lima & Kidney beans
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer
- ½ cup Avocado Pesto (125g )
- 2 average avocados (400g )
- 1 cup kalamata or other types of olives, pitted (100g)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, 4-6 halves
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (28g / 1 oz)
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- Using a spiralizer, create zucchini “noodles”.
- Place the zoodles (in batches if needed) on a pan greased with coconut oil and cook briefly for 2-5 minutes. The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be.
- Peel and halve the avocado. Remove the seed and slice it into stripes. Drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes and drain the olives.
- Take the zoodles off heat and spoon in the pesto. Mix until well combined and season with salt.
- Place on a serving plate and top with tomatoes, olives, avocado and fresh basil. Enjoy!